Challenge your Thoughts

The majority of clients I see struggle with low self-esteem, irrational worries, and/or intense negative emotions. I put together some questions you can ask yourself to really challenge your thoughts and work through them when you might be in a rut:


When I have low Self Esteem:
What do I love about myself?
What are the meaningful things in my life?


When I am Worried:
What am I worried about?
Why am I worried about it?
Do I need to be this worried about it? Is it irrational?
What can I do about it?


When I am Upset:
Why am I upset?
What specifically about the situation is making me feel this way?
Do I need to feel this intensely?
Am I using unhealthy thinking styles?


What to Do:
What are positive solutions?
Can I talk to someone?
What can I do to get my mind off of it?
What are the positives in my life and about me?

-Cheryl Cherian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To-Do Lists

Fresh off the Press