To-Do Lists

There is something so oddly satisfying about To-Do Lists. Everything about them, from making them, to prioritizing items, crossing things off, and starting new ones. To-Do lists fulfill my need for organization. When my brain feels scattered, jotting down the things I need to do gives me all the clarity I need to start on the first task, knowing that nothing is lost in translation because I've got it all written down. To-Do lists also function as my motivators. The gratification of getting one thing done and having the list that much closer to completion is always my ammunition to keep the momentum going.

I recently got a neat app called Google Keep. I used to use the basic Notes app on my phone, but this is great because once you log in you can access your notes anytime, anywhere. Their list features are great because when one task is completed rather than deleting it, they cross it out and move it to the bottom of the list, so you can visualize the completion of the task. I like to start with the simple things and work my way to the time consuming ones. It seems like I always have a couple phone calls to make, or emails to send, that are not necessarily critical but need to get done nevertheless. Starting with the little things gets me in the mood to just knock everything out. When I say it's the little things in life that make me happy, know that my To-Do lists definitely fall into that category. Gotta have them!

-Cheryl Cherian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh off the Press