Thoughts on Self-Improvement

Self-improvement is interesting, because truth is, you're never really done. It's not a single thought out action, but rather a lifestyle. It can be frustrating to look at yourself and wonder why you do things a certain way, why you feel a certain way, or why a situation played out the way that it did. That frustration can lead to negative self talk and take away from self-esteem, which is never really the best way to channel frustration. Take it as a challenge to improve. To be better tomorrow, than the person you are today. Doing something about it, rather than sitting on it, makes all the difference. Change doesn't happen overnight; it never does. Still, making small changes each day brings it all to life. I always find things about myself that I want to improve, perhaps because once upon a time there were so many changes that I wanted to make that I didn't even know where to start. Note that there is no such thing as perfection. What is perfect anyway? In self-improvement, everyday, we strive to be a little more like the person we always wanted to be. We take solace in our efforts for the better. I cherish who I am today because I know just how many changes I made, little by little, to be the woman I am today. It's a journey, but it's a journey that fosters self-love.

- Cheryl Cherian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To-Do Lists

Fresh off the Press